-
Jason Addy/Lehigh Valley Public MediaMore than two dozen people were displaced as the six-alarm blaze damaged seven rowhomes. But those numbers could've been much higher without crucial aid from other agencies, officials said.
-
Julia Demaree Nikhinson/AP PhotoPresident Donald J. Trump delivered a stream-of-conscious speech during his first official to the Lehigh Valley since retaking the White House in 2024.
-
Mack Trucks will display a 100-year-old Mack AB model tractor manufactured in Allentown at the 125th New York International Auto Show April 18-27.
-
'A Community Conversation: The Road Ahead' will feature several guests discussing Lehigh Valley traffic and transportation issues. It will start at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 3, at the Univest Public Media Center in Bethlehem.
-
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection last week launched the Child Care Lead Testing and Reduction grant program. Aimed at schools and childcare facilities, the program is focused on testing for, and remediating, lead in drinking water.
-
Lehigh Valley business experts said it's too soon to determine how President Donald Trump's across-the-board tariffs of 10% or more will affect the economy but acknowledged that stakes are high.
-
Miller-Keystone Blood Center held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to introduce its newest bloodmobile, Bloodhound I — among four new vehicles planned to be put into service over the next year.
-
“I want to warn everybody there are a lot of procrastinators out there, and our driver's license centers are having real serious issues with lines and people showing up before they even open,” PennDOT Secretary Mike Carroll said Tuesday.
-
This week on Political Pulse, host Tom Shortell is joined by political scientist Chris Borick to talk about the department, its standing in American politics and its future.
-
Lehigh County Coroner’s Office is looking for families of cremated remains it has held — some for as long as 37 years.
-
John Joseph Sweeney, 50, was operating a motorcycle struck by a vehicle going southbound in the northbound lanes, Coroner Dan Buglio said in a release.
-
President Donald Trump and the Department of Government Efficiency canceled Pennsylvania’s $13 million contract with the Local Food Purchasing Assistance Program. A pandemic-era program, farmers were paid to supply local food banks with fresh produce.
-
Umran Global Investment is aiming to build a 37-story tower at an empty lot at the corner of Ninth and Walnut streets with more than 200 apartments, as well as retail and office space.
-
Krista Brown-Ly has served as the center's interim executive director after Ashley L. Coleman resigned last year.
-
Whitehall-Coplay School Board approved a 4.6% property tax increase at its Monday committee meeting, but it will require $2.8 million from the general fund to make ends meet.
-
Whitehall OKs 116-home Emerson Village plan despite concerns; Fellowship Apartment expansion delayedWhitehall Township Board of Commissioners unanimously approval a developer's request to construct 57 townhomes and 59 single-unit homes along Rural Road in two phases, not one, as was originally proposed.
-
Jason Krasley also is due to stand trial on numerous charges stemming from alleged sexual assaults in 2011 and 2015 when he served on the city’s Vice and Intelligence Unit.
-
Ryan Crosswell, a recent arrival in the Lehigh Valley, is the third Democrat to get in line to challenge Republican U.S. Rep. Ryan Mackenzie in Pennsylvania's 7th Congressional District. The seat should be one of the most contested U.S. House races in the 2026 midterms.
-
Speeding was so rampant on Center Valley Parkway in Upper Saucon Township that LehighValleyNews.com recorded someone going 95 mph near Promenade Saucon Valley.
-
The grant, part of a $650,000 round of funding, came from the Foundation for Pennsylvania Watersheds, a State College-based nonprofit.
-
Sister started colorectal cancer awareness fundraiser last year for her brother, who loved cars and cookies and died too young from the disease.
-
Butch Patrick, who played son Eddie Munster on the television show "The Munsters," will be at the drive-in on June 17 as part of the Munster Go Home Summer Scream Series.
-
Eileen Miller, whose son Paul Miller was killed in a collision by a distracted driver, on Friday spoke on a piece of legislation that bans the use of handheld devices while driving in Pennsylvania.
-
A "team of experienced food entrepreneurs" purchased the former Buca di Beppo restaurant at 714 Grape St. for $1.15 million, Sultan Property Group LLC, which completed the acquisition.